History

History

The Indonesian Research Institute for Animal Production (IRIAP) is a merger of Bogor Animal Research Institute (BARI) located in Jalan Raya Pajajaran, Bogor, and Centre for Animal Research and Development (CARD) located at Ciawi, Bogor-West Java. The merger was officially announced in 1981 and automatically became under coordination of AARD (Agency for Agricultural Research and Development) after previously under Directorate General of Livestock (DGLS).

Previously, both institutes had several names. General Research Institute located in Bogor city was established in 1950, in 1952 changed to Animal Research Institute, then Center Institute for Animal Research in 1956, followed by Animal Institute in 1966, and became Bogor Animal Research Institute (BARI) in 1967. At the mean time, Center Research and Development Institute for Animal Production at Ciawi, which was established in 1974 was changed to Centre for Animal Research and Development (CARD). It is a joint Indonesia-Australia Research Institutes, between Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organization (CSIRO) and Directorate General of Livestock (DGLS), Ministry of Agricultural, according to a memorandum of Colombo Plan Understanding. The foundation of joint research institute was started in December 1974. The cooperation extended for a period of 10 years. On 13th of November 1978, CARD was officially opened by President Soeharto witnessed by Australian Prime Minister, Mr Malcom Frazer and the high ranking officials of both country.

 

Visitors Counter

mod_vvisit_countermod_vvisit_countermod_vvisit_countermod_vvisit_countermod_vvisit_countermod_vvisit_counter
mod_vvisit_counterToday10
mod_vvisit_counterYesterday43
mod_vvisit_counterThis week177
mod_vvisit_counterLast week287
mod_vvisit_counterThis month688
mod_vvisit_counterLast month1340
mod_vvisit_counterAll days121574

Online (20 minutes ago): 1
Your IP: 54.82.29.141
,
Today: Jan 18, 2018

Hightlight

banner2
banner1